Monday, January 02, 2006

Reason for Christmas

Reason for Christmas.

Since some of you encouraged me to begin this blog, I have also started to spend time reading blogs written by other people. I had no idea that there were so many blogs out there!

I found an interesting post that gives a story that tries to explain why there is a Christmas; that is, why would the all powerful God need to come to earth in human form.

See: http://www.CatholicPillowFight.com/blog218.html

It makes a very good point.

Now the bigger discussion: God came to us as Jesus. Now what?

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Super Support said...

Did you read Da Vinci Code ?

If so, What do you think of it ?

Do you think it's somewhat true ?

So?

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger jw said...

No, I have not yet read the book, Da Vince Code. (Could I be waiting for the movie?)

What I know about it is that what is proposed is a possibility. The problem, as I understand it, is that it is hard to tie all of the evidence together.

Historical writing during the first 300 years after Jesus was almost nonexistant. The Catholic Church and European governments have been very sucessful in keeping many secrets.

Your question, "So?" is very good. I will indeed have to read the book before I can suggest an answer. But that is the correct question: If it is true or not true what difference should all of it make in our lives and in our faith?

Thank you. Since I am currently unemployed you have given me something worthwhile to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home