Sunday, February 12, 2006

New MEME

L. at Homesick Home has come up with a new MEME. Here are my answers:

1) What was the last thing you prayed for?
I prayed for some people whose situation was mentioned to me in the comments of one of my blog posts.

2) What was the nicest thing you ever did for someone else?
I try to do a lot of nice things for other people but I don't keep track. One that comes to mind: I found an old woman wandering back and forth in front of my house just after sunset. She spoke spanish and I only barely do. It turns out that she got off of the bus at the wrong stop and had no idea how to get back to her daughter's house. We found her daughter's phone number in her purse. Called it and got the address but no one there had a car. I got the police to give her a ride.

3) What do you think about to cheer yourself up when you`re down about something?
I look up at the blue sky and smile. (Here in Phoenix we have a lot of blue sky days.) Then I go out for a walk. (Yes, even in Phoenix's 120 deg F. / 49 deg. C. weather.)

If you read this, in L.'s spirit, consider yourself tagged and write your own answers to these questions. You can put your answers into your own blog or add them to the comments at L.'s post (click here).

4 Comments:

At Monday, February 13, 2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

I already put this on L's but
I am not a regular prayer and did in my own way but the last time I prayed a prayer that could be considered real was
-when my daughter was being born I prayed for her to be healthy and perfect (yup)
-when my uncle was in a coma I prayed for him to wake up(nope)
-when my sister was sick and fell into a coma I prayed for her to live(nope)
2. good deed; changed from what I wrote in L's, I gave a big simle of recognition to the loneliest unhappiest little school girl and she immediatly broke into a happy grin.

3. just think about life in general but also winning the lottery. ;-)

 
At Monday, February 13, 2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger jw said...

Hi, Andrea,

May I preach a little (the priest in me)?

When I talk with people about prayer (specifically prayer to God) that God's answer to prayer may not be the same as the answer we want. I point out that the very least that we can expect is that from the effort of prayer we will grow in our own relationship with God. With that growth in our relationship with God hopefully we can better deal with whatever comes of the situation.

The times of prayer that have been most traumatic for me have been when I've been with a parent whose child is near death.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 10:03:00 AM, Blogger jw said...

Oh, Mary, so sad that you had to go through that. But very interesting about the "wall".

 
At Friday, February 17, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

1) I pray daily. I try to spend at least 30 minutes a day either reading the bible and praying. On average I pray that my daughters and husband would glorify God in all that they do. I also pray for each indivdual.
2)The nicest thing anyone could do for another is to pray for them.
3) I remind myself that I have been given this trial or problem for a reason. Then I go and talk about it to my husband. If he's my problem I go and hug him( it reminds me he's for me).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home