Thursday, March 02, 2006

Site Meter

Hello, readers.

I have not had a new post for a week now. The name of this site is I Was Asked, so I have been asked to write about some topics and I am currently preparing those posts but they take a bit of research so that I am sure that I am giving you truthful facts.

The last post about HAMBURGERS was effectively a delurking post. I did see comments from all of my regular readers and a couple of new readers. Mary P. got me thinking about alternatives to hamburgers and several of you pointed out that home cooked burgers are the best.

About a month ago I added Site Meter to this blog site. Site Meter tracks who accesses this site and what web page they were on that provided the link to this site. It also shows who reached this site through search engines and what key words were used in the search.

I have not spent much time analyzing what pages people reached this site from but I do find that almost every time I make a first time comment on someone else's site I get someone who "checks out" this site by clicking on my comment.

The most interesting thing I have found is the searches that find my site, in particular the words that were searched on that yielded my site.

Here is a list of search engines that people used during the past week:

google.com
search.msn.com
google.co.uk
google.com.ph   (( Philippines ))
search.peoplepc.com
google.com.au   ((Australia))
search.blogger.com
blogsearch.google.com


Here is a list of key words that were used for searches during the past week (comments in double parentheses ((...)) are my comments):

moral punishments of abortion
roman catholic priests get married?
diocese phoenix priest medical retirement age   ((I don't know the answer to that one.))
canon law age to make choices
catholic church doctrine and ectopic pregnancy
rhythm method of calculation   ((Oh, I hope this person read about NFP instead of Rhythm.))
cannon law on priest not being married   ((BOOM! cannon vs canon law))
palmer method cursive
'moral evil'
pictures of unbaptized infants   ((Now what was this person really looking for?))
paying for birthcontrol pills
moral evil
catholic church barrier methods contraception
church vs. abortion
cursive writting
abortion and catholics
catholic emergency baptism
married priest
about sterilization in relation to catholic beliefs
dante the devine comedy and jesus
abortion-moral issue
priest who leave to get married
catholics believe limbo is
dispensation from celibacy
archdiocese of detroit
rules episcopal priest marriage
married priest

OK, well I found those search topics interesting. Obviously I have been writing about things that people are interested in, but I credit you readers with asking for those topics.

Happy blog reading. More soon.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, March 02, 2006 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Granny said...

I find most people (the ones who don't find me first) by clicking on the comments in other people's blogs.

If they look like someone I'd like, I leave a comment and invite them to drop in.

Some actually do.

 
At Friday, March 03, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey what is your take on reformation?

 
At Friday, March 03, 2006 8:21:00 PM, Blogger jw said...

Hi, Jen,

"Reformation" of what?

Do you mean the period of history called Reformation or something else?

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

wild how people find us, isnt it?
Thanks for the email, I am posting it now!!

 
At Saturday, March 04, 2006 5:54:00 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

todays craziness!!
bouncing korean boobs!!!! hahahaha

 
At Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi JW! Yes it took me awhile to see the notifier too. Usually when I sign up for something new I like to really browse around a site to get to know it. Since you have mentioned site meter too, I think I am going to go ahead and give it a try! The only stats I have right now are the ones on my web server and they are kind of limited to the top 20 referrers and top search engines, it doesn't list them all.

I was working on the post I mentioned at Andreas (online services I recommend) but I forgot to save my work and Firefox crashed halfway through it! So I will be posting that most likely tomorrow.

I think this is my first time visiting your blog here. It is nice to meet you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home